It all started in 1878 at Drottninggatan 39 in Stockholm, with the name Fabian Höglund Ur- & Kronometermakare. The founders Carl Fabian Höglund and his brother Gustaf Fabian Höglund were specialized in pocket watches and wall clocks.
20 July 1948 a new owner called Boris Frank took over the store and changed the name to Franks Ur & Optik. He ran the store for 42 years together with his son Bo Frank.
In 1998 the store was taken over by the current owner, Roger Lakhwani of Lakhwani Group. It´s a traditional family owned company in the watch trade since early 90’s.
The most interesting and unconventional thing to note: Franks Ur still has the same address and telephone number for more than 140 years!